What you as Parent/Carer need to do if a child is absent:
If your child is going to be absent from school, please call the office in the morning on
Tel: 020 8952 2803 and press the relevant option; Please call before 9:45am to inform us of the reason for the absence.
- You MUST call the school EVERY MORNING that your child is absent.
- The office is open from 7:30am – 4.30pm; Messages can be left on the answer machine when the office is closed.
- Please DO NOT e-mail tutors or Head of Year directly regarding absence.
What we will do
- If your child is absent from school and we have not received a phone call or been previously advised of the absence, we will call you on the contact numbers you have provided us with (in priority order).
What you need to do when the child returns to school:
- When your child returns to school, please enter a note in their contact book to cover the whole period of absence.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Should your child’s attendance drop below 90% we will require a medical note from a medical practitioner for 1 day of absence.
Please avoid making dentists, opticians, doctors or hospital appointments during school hours if possible.
If you feel that your child is trying to avoid coming into school, please let us know and we will offer you support and help to address any issues or concerns you or your child may have.
Please ensure that all of the contact numbers you provide are kept up to date.